Information on the Terrington St John Parish Council's proposed neighbourhood development plan
Terrington St John Parish Council have independently prepared a proposed neighbourhood development plan review. It's intended to guide development in Terrington St John Parish and provide criteria (alongside the Borough Council’s Local Plan) for decisions on planning applications there.
A submission consultation on the neighbourhood plan is running for 7 weeks, from 30 March to 18 May 2021. It can be accessed using the button below. To view the proposed neighbourhood plan please see the 'Supporting Files' tab under ‘About this consultation’ to open the pdf links.
We have to manage the process by which the Parish Council’s proposed plan is checked for compliance with national requirements. Comments received are used by an independent examiner and the Borough Council to help decide if the proposed neighbourhood plan:
- contributes to achieving sustainable development
- conforms with the strategic policies of the (Borough Council’s) Local Plan
- gives appropriate regard to the National Planning Policy Framework
- is compatible with EU obligations
If the plan successfully passes these tests, a local referendum will be held. And if the plan is supported by more than 50% of the votes, it will become part of the official ‘development plan’ for Terrington St John Parish.
With the agreement of the Qualifying Body, Mrs Janet Cheesley was appointed as the independent examiner of Terrington St John Neighbourhood Plan.
All the responses to the regulation 16 consultation had been forwarded to the examiner for consideration. Documents relating to the examination can be viewed below:
- Terrington St John examiner - introduction email 20/05/21
- Terrington St John Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 16 comments and responses
The plan has successfully passed the tests above, and will proceed to a local referendum. You can view the:
The date of the referendum will be Thursday 30 September 2021. Further details on the neighbourhood plan referendum and the information pack can be found on our Neighbourhood Planning referendums page.
Terrington St John Neighbourhood Plan documents
- BCKLWN SEA Screening Report
- Terrington St John Neighbourhood Plan
- Appendix 1- Parish Survey
- Appendix 2 - Terrington Demographic Data
- Appendix 3 - Development boundary options
- Basic conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement