Commencement of Neighbourhood Plan examination
In April 2023, the Borough Council, in agreement with Burnham Market Parish Council, appointed Andrew Ashcroft to examine the Burnham Market Neighbourhood Plan. The examination will test whether the Neighbourhood Plan fulfils the basic conditions, that the Plan:
- Has regard to national policies and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to the achievement of sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policies of the development plan in the area;
- Is compatible with European Union (EU) obligations and European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR); and
- Does not breach the requirements of Chapter 8 of Part 6 of the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017.
On 12 May 2023, the Examiner wrote to the Borough Council, setting out the proposed programme/ timetable for his examination:
Other documentation will be added to this page in due course, as the examination progresses.
Submission of Plan Regulation 15/ Regulation 16 consultation
Burnham Market Parish Council submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to the council in December 2022 in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Regulation 15. On 25 January 2023 the Borough Council signed off the Regulation 15 legal check allowing the Plan to be consulted upon under Regulation 16.
The consultation ran for six weeks from 17 February until 31 March 2023. Representations in response to the Regulation 16 consultation may be viewed through our online portal.
The Neighbourhood Plan and other documents submitted under Regulation 15 are available below:
- Burnham Market Neighbourhood Plan
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Screening SEA-HRA July 2022
- Screening SEA-HRA – signed off September 2022
- Evidence Base update, April 2022
- Housing Needs Assessment, March 2022
- Burnham Market Design Guidance and Codes, June 2022
- Burnham Market Local Green Spaces Assessment, December 2022
- Burnham Market Views Assessment 2022
Full details about the statutory consultation (including the basic conditions) are set out in the statutory Public Notice.
The draft Burnham Market Neighbourhood Plan was consulted upon by the Parish Council between 1 October – 25 November 2022, inclusive, under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Regulation 14.
More information is available on the Parish Council’s Neighbourhood Planning web page.