Commencement of Neighbourhood Plan examination
In January 2023, the Borough Council, in agreement with Old Hunstanton Parish Council, appointed Nigel McGurk to examine the Old Hunstanton Neighbourhood Plan. The examination will test whether the Neighbourhood Plan fulfils the basic conditions, that the Plan:
- Has regard to national policies and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to the achievement of sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policies of the development plan in the area;
- Is compatible with European Union (EU) obligations and European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR); and
- Does not breach the requirements of Chapter 8 of Part 6 of the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017.
On 17 March 2023, the Examiner wrote to the Qualifying Body (Old Hunstanton Parish Council) and Borough Council, with a series of questions regarding the Neighbourhood Plan and how this meets the basic conditions. This “Clarification Note from the Examiner to Old Hunstanton Parish Council” was directed to the Parish Council, anticipating a response by mid/ late April. The Clarification Note and response document(s) are available to view below:
- Qualifying Body/ Parish Council response to Examiner’s opening enquiries [to be completed]
- Clarification Note from the Examiner to Old Hunstanton Parish Council, 17 March 2023
Other documentation will be added to this page in due course, as the examination progresses.
Submission of Plan Regulation 15/Regulation 16 consultation
Old Hunstanton Parish Council submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to the council in August 2022 in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Regulation 15. On 5 September 2022 the Borough Council signed off the Regulation 15 legal check allowing the Plan to be consulted upon under Regulation 16.
The consultation ran for six weeks from Friday 30 September 2022 until 5pm Friday 11 November 2022. Representations in response to the Regulation 16 consultation may be viewed through our online portal. The following responses were appended to those shown on the portal:
- Borough Council (officer comments)
- Anglian Water
- Savills (for Ms J Hall)
- Historic England
- Natural England
The Neighbourhood Plan and other documents submitted under Regulation 15 are available below:
- Old Hunstanton Neighbourhood Plan
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Screening SEA-HRA
- Consultation Statement
- Equalities Impact Assessment
Full details about the statutory consultation (including the basic conditions) are set out in the statutory Public Notice.
The draft Old Hunstanton Neighbourhood Plan 2021-2036 was published by the Parish Council in March 2021 and consulted upon during March and April 2021, under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Regulation 14.