We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website.
We believe that web pages of this site meet Double-A of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for disabled people.
We have made every effort to ensure this web site is easily readable using 'Plain English'. All our content authors have attended training to present content in an easy to read format.
Change text size, colours and fonts
You can change the text size, colours and fonts of our website to suit your needs. Changes can be saved for your future visits. In order to remember your preferences as you navigate through the site, a cookie will be set.
Listen to our website
We have added Browsealoud to our website - making our content more accessible with reading and translation support.
Click on the Browsealoud launchpad that appears in the top right hand corner of your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then simply select any text to hear it read out loud.
How does Browsealoud help?
Browsealoud offers a host of reading and translation support - helping you to access and understand our website better.
- text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar - allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.
The video below explains more about Browsealoud.
If you require further help, please visit support.texthelp.com, the support portal from Texthelp - the makers of Browsealoud.
If you have comments, experience any problems or would like to suggest improvements to the website, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the 'do you have any comments about this page' form, available at the bottom of each content page.