Information on the Heacham Parish Council's proposed neighbourhood development plan
Heacham Parish Council have independently prepared a proposed neighbourhood development plan. It's intended to guide development in Heacham Parish and provide criteria (alongside the Borough Council’s Local Plan) for decisions on planning applications there.
A submission consultation on the neighbourhood plan is running for 8 weeks, from 6 April to 1 June 2021. It can be accessed using the button below. To view the proposed neighbourhood plan please see the 'Supporting Files' tab under ‘About this consultation’ to open the pdf links.
We have to manage the process by which the Parish Council’s proposed plan is checked for compliance with national requirements. Comments received are used by an independent examiner and the Borough Council to help decide if the proposed neighbourhood plan:
- contributes to achieving sustainable development
- conforms with the strategic policies of the (Borough Council’s) Local Plan
- gives appropriate regard to the National Planning Policy Framework
- is compatible with EU obligations
If the plan successfully passes these tests, a local referendum will be held. And if the plan is supported by more than 50% of the votes, it will become part of the official 'development plan' for Heacham Parish.
With the agreement of the Qualifying Body, Mr Andrew Ashcroft, was appointed as the independent examiner for the Hunstanton Neighbourhood Plan.
All the responses to the regulation 16 consultation have been forwarded to the examiner for consideration.
- Heacham Neighbourhood Development Plan - Final Examiners Report - 17/09/21
- Heacham Neighbourhood Development Plan - Examination Arrangements - 07/06/21
- Heacham Neighbourhood Development Plan - Clarification Note - 17/06/21
- Heacham Neighbourhood Development Plan – Parish Council response to Clarification Note – 17/06/21
- Heacham Neighbourhood Development Plan - Second Clarification Note - 30/07/21
- Heacham Neighbourhood Development Plan - Parish Council Response to Second Clarification Note- 10/08/21
The Heacham Neighbourhood Plan is currently at the decision stage. Updates on this will be available in due course.