Information on the Castle Acre Parish Council's proposed neighbourhood development plan
Castle Acre Parish Council have independently prepared a proposed neighbourhood development plan. It's intended to guide development in Castle Acre Parish and provide criteria (alongside the Borough Council’s Local Plan) for decisions on planning applications there.
A submission consultation on the neighbourhood plan ran for eight weeks, from 26 October to 21 December 2020. It can be accessed using the button below. To view the proposed neighbourhood plan please select the 'Supporting Documents' tab to open the pdf links.
We have to manage the process by which the Parish Council’s proposed plan is checked for compliance with national requirements. Comments received are used by an independent examiner and the Borough Council to help decide if the proposed neighbourhood plan:
- contributes to achieving sustainable development
- conforms with the strategic policies of the (Borough Council’s) Local Plan
- gives appropriate regard to the National Planning Policy Framework
- is compatible with EU obligations
If the plan successfully passes these tests, a local referendum will be held. And if the plan is supported by more than 50% of the votes, it will become part of the official ‘development plan’ for Castle Acre Parish.
In order to support the Castle Acre Neighbourhood Plan the following supporting documents have been prepared:
- Designation Map
- Designation Statement
- Scoping Report
- Site Assessments
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Housing Needs Assessment
With the agreement of the Qualifying Body, Ann Skipper was appointed as the independent examiner for Castle Acre Neighbourhood Plan. All the responses to the regulation 16 consultation were forwarded to the examiner for consideration.
- Examiner’s report 11.06.21
- Questions of clarification email sent by the examiner - 8 April 2021
- Questions of clarification sent by the examiner - 8 April 2021
- Questions of clarification and the responses by the Borough Council and Castle Acre Parish Council - 19 April 2021
The Castle Acre Neighbourhood Plan is currently at their decision stage. Updates on this will be available in due course.