Information on the Hunstanton Town Council's proposed neighbourhood development plan
Hunstanton Town Council have independently prepared a proposed neighbourhood development plan. It's intended to guide development in Hunstanton Parish and provide criteria (alongside the Borough Council’s Local Plan) for decisions on planning applications there.
A submission consultation on the neighbourhood plan is ran for 8 weeks, from 30 March to 25 May 2021. It can be accessed using the button below. To view the proposed neighbourhood plan please see the 'Supporting Files' tab under ‘About this consultation’ to open the pdf links.
We have to manage the process by which the Town Council’s proposed plan is checked for compliance with national requirements. Comments received are used by an independent examiner and the Borough Council to help decide if the proposed neighbourhood plan:
- contributes to achieving sustainable development
- conforms with the strategic policies of the (Borough Council’s) Local Plan
- gives appropriate regard to the National Planning Policy Framework
- is compatible with EU obligations
If the plan successfully passes these tests, a local referendum will be held. And if the plan is supported by more than 50% of the votes, it will become part of the official 'development plan' for Hunstanton Parish.
With the agreement of the Qualifying Body, Mr Nigel McGirk was appointed as the independent examiner for the Hunstanton Neighbourhood Plan.
All the responses to the regulation 16 consultation were forwarded to the examiner for consideration.
- Hunstanton Examiners Report - September 2021
- Hunstanton Neighbourhood Development Plan - Clarification Note - 14/06/21
- Hunstanton Town Council Response to Examiners Clarification Note - 13/07/21
The Hunstanton Neighbourhood Plan is currently at their decision stage. Updates on this will be available in due course.