If you move house, it's important that you tell us as soon as possible
If you're moving home you'll need to tell us so we can ensure your Council Tax is correct.
You can tell us you're moving using our online report form. You can now track the progress of your report through registering for our My Account service.
You'll also be able to view personalised information, including payment details, and your latest Council Tax bill.
Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.
To tell us you're moving you'll need:
- your previous address
- your Council Tax number (if you are moving from one address to another in our area)
- your new property address including postcode
- the date of your move
- details of buyers, sellers or agents
Please note; you may also need to report your move for other council services - see our 'Other considerations' section below.
You may also need to consider the following:
- you’ll need to register to vote if you’re new to the area – please visit our register to vote page
- If you’re in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support, you’ll need to fill in a change of circumstances – please visit our change of circumstances page. If you’ll now be liable for Council Tax when you weren’t before, and wish to apply for Council Tax Support, you’ll need to make a new claim instead – please visit our benefit page
- If you’re moving into a new build home, or there are no bins at your new home, you’ll need to request rubbish bins – please visit our new or replacement bin page
- If you’ve got a brown bin, please take this with you to your new property if it’s within our area. If your new home is out of our area, please leave the brown bin behind, and cancel the bin on our garden waste and composting page