Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Council Tax - Tell us about a change

Let us know if someone has moved in or out, or report another change

A change to the people in your home

If there’s been a change in the number of people living in your property it may affect the amount of Council Tax you pay. You’ll need to tell us if:

A change to the property

If there’s been a change to a property it may affect the amount of Council Tax you pay. You’ll need to tell us if:

  • you’ve changed the use of your property. For example, a second home, holiday let, or a property that's been demolished (caravan removed from site)
  • probate has been granted
  • you’re no longer entitled to a discount, exemption or disregard
  • the property is now unoccupied

A change to your bill

Your Council Tax bill may need to be changed if any of the information is incorrect. For example:

  • spelling mistakes
  • an incorrect correspondence address
  • your address being listed incorrectly

Report a change

To tell us about a change you'll need:

  • your Council Tax account number (you can find this on your bill)
  • the details of the change
  • the date of the change

Notify us of a change

Change in personal details?

If you've had a name change or a change in your contact details, please let us know using our change in personal details form. We'll pass the details of your change onto any other council departments who need to know.

Report a death

To report that someone has passed away, please visit our register a death page.

Council Tax Support

If you're in receipt of Council Tax Support, and you've had a change of circumstances, it may affect the amount of Council Tax you should be paying. So you’ll need to let us know.

For more information, please see our Council Tax Support change in circumstances page.

What happens next?

Once we've received the details of your change, we'll send you a revised Council Tax bill.