Let us know if someone has moved in or out, and how to report any other change
A change to the people in your home
If there’s been a change in the number of people living in your property, it may affect the amount of Council Tax you pay. You’ll need to tell us if:
- somebody has moved in
- somebody has moved out
- you’re no longer entitled to a discount, exemption or disregard (for example, a child has turned 18)
- somebody living in the property has passed away
A change to the property
If there’s been a change to a property, it may affect the amount of Council Tax you pay. You’ll need to tell us if:
- you’ve changed the use of your property. For example, second home, holiday let, property demolished (caravan removed from site)
- probate has been granted
- you’re no longer entitled to a discount, exemption or disregard
- the property is now unoccupied
A change to your bill
Sometimes the Council Tax bill may need to be changed if some of the information isn't correct. This can include reasons such as:
- spelling mistake
- incorrect correspondence address
- your address is listed incorrectly
Report a change
You can let us know about a change online. You can now track the progress of your report through registering for our My Account service.
You'll also be able to view personalised information, including payment details, and your latest Council Tax bill.
Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.
To tell us about a change you'll need:
- your Council Tax account number (you can find this on your bill)
- the details of the change
- the date of the change
Change in personal details?
If you've had a name change or a change in your contact details, please let us know using our change in personal details form. We'll pass the details of your change onto any other council departments who need to know.
Council Tax Support
If you're in receipt of Council Tax Support, and you've had a change of circumstances, it may affect the amount of Council Tax you should be paying. So you’ll need to let us know.
For more information, please see our Council Tax Support change in circumstances page.