Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Tell us your tenant has moved

Let us know your tenant has moved in or out so we can update the Council Tax records

Has a tenant moved in or out?

If you have a property that you rent out on an assured or short assured tenancy, you need to tell us:

  • when a new tenancy starts; and/or
  • when the property becomes vacant and the tenancy ends

To tell us about a tenant move you'll need the:

  • property address including postcode
  • tenancy start or end date
  • tenant's name

Tell us your tenant has moved

What happens next?

We'll amend the Council Tax bill for your rental property with the details you provide.

If a tenant has moved in, we'll send them the Council Tax bill. You'll receive a confirmation bill that your account has closed.

If a tenant has moved out, you'll become responsible for Council Tax, and we'll send a bill to you.