Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Housing advice for ex-forces members

What to do if you're leaving the armed forces and have nowhere to live, and advice for veterans

Who can help

If you're leaving the armed forces you have the right to help with finding somewhere to live.

You can get help through Bridge for Heroes and SSAFA.

They provide information and advice for you and your dependents, especially if you are about to return to civilian life. If you're a veteran currently living in armed forces housing, they can help you move out and find a civilian home.

You can find out more on the GOV.UK website.

How we can help

We may be able to help find you accommodation. It depends on if you have a:

You may be a priority need if:

  • you're pregnant
  • you've got children
  • we consider you as vulnerable because of your time in the armed forces

How to apply for housing

If you'll have no-where to go when you leave the forces, please contact us:

If you're currently housed, but will need somewhere soon, you can apply to go on our housing register.

Other help available

You can find further information for the armed forces, veterans and their families through the following services: