Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Rough sleepers

What to do if you're sleeping rough or concerned about someone that is 

You're sleeping rough

We work in partnership with a number of agencies to provide accommodation and support to single homeless and rough sleeping people.

If you're faced with sleeping rough in West Norfolk, there are services that can support you.

If you have a local connection to west Norfolk you may be able to access some of the hostels and shared accommodation in the borough. We'll need to refer you so please contact us. You can:

You're concerned about someone sleeping rough

If you're concerned for someone sleeping rough, or are sleeping rough yourself:

If you're a public authority specified by the Homelessness Reduction Act, from 1 October 2018 there is a new duty to refer anyone you think may be homeless or threatened with homelessness to the local Council.

Please visit our duty to refer page for further information.

If you need substance misuse treatment or advice 

If you have a substance misuse issue and are looking for support around this, you can self-refer to Change Grow Live (CGL). They're a local substance misuse service which is free and confidential. It's available for adults, families, carers and affected others.

For more information, please visit the Change Grow Live website

If you're concerned about your health, speak to your GP and they can refer you to specialist services if necessary.