Information about forthcoming elections and by-elections
Police and Crime Commissioner Election
Police and Crime Commissioner Elections are held every four years. The last election took place on 6 May 2021. You can find out more about this election and find election notices, including the Statement of Persons Nominated on the Broadland District Council website.
Find out about the role of PCC on the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk website.
An election is held every four years to vote for your local borough councillor. You are voting to elect councillors who will represent your views for the ward (area) in which you live. The next elections will be held in 2023.
There are 35 borough wards in west Norfolk and each ward has one, two or three councillors depending on its size. There are a total of 55 elected councillors.
The last election was held on Thursday 2 May 2019 - see Borough Elections 2019 results
County Council elections
An election is held every four years to vote for your county councillor. The last election took place on 6 May 2021. You can find out more about this election on the Norfolk County Council website.
There are 14 electoral divisions within the borough of west Norfolk. There are a total of 14 Norfolk County Councillors to represent our area.
- View Notice of Poll
- View the Notice of Election for the County Council elections
- View the Statement of Persons Nominated for the County Council elections
- View the Notice of Election Agents
The last election was held on Thursday 6 May 2021 - view results.
Parish Council elections
There were a number of parish council by-elections that took place on 6 May 2021. They took place in:
- Brancaster (Brancaster ward)
- Brancaster (Staithe ward)
- Downham Market (Downham Old Town ward)
- Downham Market (North Downham ward)
- Downham Market (South Downham ward)
* The by-election for Thornham Parish Council received no valid nominations. As a result, the election will be re-run at a later date to be specified.
- View declaration of results
- View Notice of Poll
- View the Notice of Election for the Parish Council by-election
- View the Statement of Persons Nominated for the Parish Council by-election
- View the Notice of Uncontested Election Result - Brancaster Ward
- View the Notice of Uncontested Election Result - Staithe Ward
European Parliamentary election
The last election was held on 23 May 2019 - see European Election 2019 results.
General (Parliamentary) elections
In general elections, you elect somebody to represent you in Parliament, as a Member of Parliament (MP), in a parliamentary constituency. The next general election is currently scheduled for 2024.
There are two constituencies which cover west Norfolk:
- North West Norfolk
- South West Norfolk
The last general election was held on 12 December 2019 - see Parliamentary Election 2019 results
See the MPs details for both constituencies and visit the UK parliament website for information about the role of MPs and the work of parliament.