What the course covers and how to apply for a course place
What the course covers
The course will cover:
- introduction to food safety
- high risk foods
- food hazards
- food poisoning
- personal hygiene requirements
- structure, cleaning and disinfection
- your legal requirements including documentation
We are currently unable to offer this course, however, this is something we are looking to review in the future.
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) offer a number of online courses (including Level 2 Food Safety in Catering). To find out more, please see the CIEH website
There are also many independent private companies that provide online food hygiene training.
Apply for a course place
To apply for a course place you'll need to:
- choose a preferred date
- pay the fee (you can pay by cheque or debit or credit card)
To book a course place, please call us on 01553 616380.
Course location and time
We hold the courses at the South Lynn Community Centre:
10 St Michaels Road, King's Lynn, PE30 5HE.
The course is one day. It starts at 09:15, and will finish at 17:00 at the latest.
Tea and coffee is provided throughout the day. However, lunch is not provided; please bring your own.
£50.50 per person. The cost includes your course handouts and your exam paper and marking.
The following applies for refunds:
- your fee is non-refundable unless you give us seven days' notice prior to your course date
- for each booking, there is a non-refundable deposit of £20.00, resulting in a total refund of £30.50 (including VAT) per person
- alternatively, you can be transferred to another course date