The group promotes good standards of safety at all public events in the Borough and ensure best practice is followed
The objectives of the group are to:
- promote high levels of safety and welfare at events by giving advice
- promote good practice in safety and welfare planning for events; and
- ensure events cause minimal adverse impact
The West Norfolk PESAG is administered by us. Core members of the group include officers from:
- Norfolk Constabulary
- Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service
- East Of England Ambulance NHS Trust
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- West Norfolk CCG
- Norfolk County Council Planning & Transportation
- Borough Council Emergency Planning Unit
- Borough Council Community Safety
- Borough Council Environmental Health
- Borough Council Licensing
Guidance for planning a public event
Please note, the West Norfolk PESAG does not grant permission to hold events on borough or other land or issue licences. The land owner's consent must always be sought and agreed.
Event organisers are encouraged to follow the guidance produced by the Health & Safety Executive in the Event Safety Guide and on their website.
The PESAG has also produced an Event Management Plan template and associated guidance. This will help event organisers consider all aspects of event planning. Both documents can be found at the bottom of this page.
How to submit details of a public event
You can submit basic details of your event to the West Norfolk PESAG by completing our online form.
To submit an enquiry on our West Norfolk Public Event eForm you'll need:
- the event name and location
- the time the event starts and finishes
The PESAG will contact you if further information is required.
The group provides a single point of contact for organisers. This ensures all agencies are aware of events taking place that the public may attend.
Please email the West Norfolk PESAG: firstname.lastname@example.org