Information about public transport, including buses and trains and ferry service
King's Lynn Ferry
A regular passenger ferry service operates between the historic centre of King's Lynn and West Lynn. The ferry provides a convenient service for commuters and shoppers who wish to avoid travelling and parking in the town centre.
Please note: due to the type and nature of boarding the vehicle the service is not disability friendly.
This service runs from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 6pm.
- The service runs every 30 minutes from 9am to 5pm.
- During peak times the ferry will run continuously between the hours of 7am to 9am and 5pm to 6pm.
- Adult single: £1.40
- Adult return: £2:30
- Child single: £1:10
- Child return: £1:70
Full fares list and more can be found on the West Lynn Ferry Facebook page.
- West Lynn Terminal: Ferry Square, West Lynn, PE34 3JQ. Free parking is available at the West Lynn terminal.
- King's Lynn Terminal: Ferry Lane, King's Lynn, PE30 1HN.
Please note: Ferry Lane is a pedestrian access lane only, accessed off King Street, King's Lynn.
The bus station area in King's Lynn has recently been refurbished to improve the pedestrian links between the bus and rail station.
If you have questions relating to bus timetables and services please contact the relevant operator. The local operators are below:
- Lynx Bus - Local bus timetables covering villages towards Hunstanton, Wells, Fakenham, Marham and Wisbech
- First Group - Eastern counties bus, covering Norfolk and Suffolk
- Stagecoach Bus - Largest bus service covering many areas across Norfolk
- Konectbus - Provides links to many locations throughout Norfolk
- Coach Services Ltd - Covers Thetford and the surrounding areas
- West Norfolk Community Transport (01553 776971) - Safe and affordable door to door transport for those unable to access public transport due to location, age or mobility issues
- NCC Travel and Transport - Information on bus timetables, operators and bus stations in the area
- Vancouver Quarter - Central shopping area in King's Lynn
- Traveline - Transport options for bus, train, coach and ferry
For information on train times and tickets, you can visit the websites below:
Our hackney carriage vehicles can be found at any of our taxi ranks at the following locations:
- Tuesday Market Place
- Blackfriars Street (outside Taste of India)
- Corner of New Conduit Street
- Norfolk Street (Between RSPCA and Rowlinson's)
- Sainsbury's car park (lower level)
Greevegate (opposite the Town Hall).
High Street (near to the Downham Clock).
We have a list of wheelchair accessible taxis, please visit our wheelchair accessible vehicles page to view the register.
West Norfolk Community Transport (WNCT) provides safe and affordable transport services for people who are unable to access public transport services due to location, age or mobility issues. You can find out more on the WNCT website.