Information about public transport, including buses and trains and ferry service
King's Lynn Ferry
A regular passenger ferry service operates between the historic centre of King's Lynn and West Lynn. It provides an ideal way to view the beautiful historic quayside of King's Lynn from the other side of the River Great Ouse at West Lynn.
The ferry also provides a convenient service for commuters and shoppers who wish to avoid travelling and parking in the town centre.
The service operates Monday to Saturday from 7:00am until 6:00pm. Between 7:00am and 9:00am, and between 5:00pm and 6:00pm, the ferry will run continuously. Between 9:00am and 5:00pm the service will run every 20 minutes - on the hour, 20 minutes past the hour and 20 minutes to the hour.
The service is operated by West Lynn Ferry Ltd. The operators reserve the right to suspend service if tide or weather conditions present any risk to passenger's safety.
West Lynn Terminal: Ferry Square, West Lynn, PE34 3JQ. Free parking is available at the West Lynn terminal.
King's Lynn Terminal: Ferry Lane, King's Lynn, PE30 1HN.
Please note: Ferry Lane is a pedestrian access lane only, accessed off King Street, King's Lynn.
The bus station area in King's Lynn has recently been refurbished to improve the pedestrian links between the bus and rail station.
If you have questions relating to bus timetables and services please contact the relevant operator. The local operators are below:
- Lynx Bus - local bus timetables
- First Group - Eastern counties bus, covering Norfolk and Suffolk
- Norfolk Green (Stagecoach)
- Konectbus - provides links to many locations throughout Norfolk
- Coach Services Ltd - for Thetford and the surrounding areas
- West Norfolk Community Transport (01553 776971) - safe and affordable door to door transport for those unable to access public transport due to location, age or mobility issues
- NCC Travel and Transport - information on bus timetables, operators and bus stations in the area
- Vancouver Quarter
For information on train times and tickets, you can visit the websites below:
Our hackney carriage vehicles can be found at any of our taxi ranks at the following locations:
- Tuesday Market Place
- Blackfriars Street (outside Taste of India)
- Corner of New Conduit Street
- Norfolk Street (Between RSPCA and Rowlinson's)
- Sainsbury's car park (lower level)
Greevegate (opposite the Town Hall).
High Street (near to the Downham Clock).
We have a list of wheelchair accessible taxis, please visit our wheelchair accessible vehicles page to view the register.
West Norfolk Community Transport (WNCT) provides safe and affordable transport services for people who are unable to access public transport services due to location, age or mobility issues. You can find out more on the WNCT website.