Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Gypsies and travellers

Information about gypsies and travellers

Travellers' Liaison Officer

Everyone has rights, including Travellers and Gypsies and people on whose land unauthorised camping takes place.

Norfolk County Council has a Travellers' Liaison Officer based at County Hall in Norwich. The Travellers' Liaison Officer is responsible for all issues relating to travellers and local communities in the whole of the county area.

They have a procedure in place to:

  • address the need for effective management of unauthorised Gypsy and Traveller encampments. But also ensure the rights of both the Gypsy and Traveller and settled community are met
  • make sure the county, district and borough councils are working together with all agencies. And they're meeting the needs of Gypsies, Travellers and the settled communities

For further information, please call Norfolk County Council Travellers Liaison Office on 01603 222473 or visit the Norfolk County Council website.

Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment

The Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Needs Assessment (GTANA) is used to help prepare development plan policies to provide within the borough

  • new gypsy and traveller pitches
  • travelling showpeople plots

For more information please see our GTANA page.