Information about the Love Your Town investment fund
About the scheme
Do you have an idea for something that will support and grow your local economy, increase pride in your area, and increases footfall into the town centre?
The Love Your Town is a scheme with an investment fund of £6,000.
Your community group or business can apply for a grant of up to £1,000 to bring your ideas and initiatives to life and help generate footfall and activity into the local town centres of Downham Market, Hunstanton and Kings Lynn.
The £6,000 investment fund has been created through matched district and county council funding and will give local community groups and businesses the opportunity to sell their ideas to a panel and receive funding to put them into action.
How it works
There will be a ‘Dragons Den’ style competition held locally, where your local community group or businesses can present your idea to a panel to ask for a small share of funding.
To be considered for the ‘Dragons Den’ style competition, you must submit an Expression of Interest form, through the Norfolk County Council website, no later than 5pm on Friday 8 December 2023.
Are you eligible?
- Applicants can be from any local groups/consortia, business, including Town or Parish Councils and representative bodies like the local Chamber, in Downham Market, Hunstanton and Kings Lynn
- Any activity must be a brand-new idea, (funds cannot be used to fund existing programmes) and should support multiple areas and/or services of your local town
- There is no limit to the kind of activities that can be funded but your idea must have a tangible link to creating interest and/or footfall in town centres
- Applicants must demonstrate deliverability and achievability of plans at the Dragon’s Den style competition, provide a written report of how they used the grant and show the impact the idea has had on the town centre
- Applicants will supply data to Norfolk County Council for longer-term impact evaluation
- Projects should be ready to start within 2 months of grant award, however, consideration will be given to events planned to be delivered in summer 2024
- Match funding is not essential but will be taken into account
- You can ask for a grant up to £1,000, to be paid in arrears
- Anticipated grant cap of £2,000 per town
Find out more
For further information email our partner, Norfolk County Council's Economic Development team: firstname.lastname@example.org