Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Access to CCTV

How to get access to CCTV records

If you believe you are the victim of a crime or a crime has been committed you should report it to the police.

CCTV can be accessed by the police after a crime. There is no charge, and the police have their own process for doing this as part of their investigation.

Where the police have investigated a crime and seized any relevant CCTV footage, this should then be obtained from them.

Please note, we keep CCTV recordings for around 28 days.

Request CCTV Footage for Legal Professionals (Section 35 Request for Data)

If the police are not involved such as minor damage only collisions or civil case then your solicitor or insurance company can request any relevant footage via a section 35 request.

If your request is approved, you will need to pay a £104 fee, payable on release of the data.

What you'll need to make a section 35 request:

  • the incident details (including crime number if applicable)
  • the date and time of the footage
  • the camera location

Make a Section 35 request 

Request CCTV footage of yourself

You have the right to request CCTV footage of yourself. There is no charge for this.

We'll, where possible, provide you with a copy of the footage or a still that you can be seen in, but will need to make sure we protect the identities of other people.

Alternatively we may invite you to a viewing of the footage if:

  • we are unable to provide you with the footage itself, and
  • you agree with that arrangement

We may refuse your request if sharing the footage will put a criminal investigation at risk.

To complete our subject access to data form, you'll need:

  • the date and time of the footage
  • the camera location
  • description of the subject and proof of ID

Apply for CCTV access