Information about our CCTV and Cash Valuables in Transit services
We, the Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk, currently hold SIA Approved Contractor Scheme Status for the provision of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Cash Valuables in Transit (CViT) services.
We have recently been awarded the SCC (Surveillance Camera Commissioners Certification of Compliance). Our certificate can be found at the bottom of this page.
Our cameras are monitored by trained Security Industry Authority (SIA) licensed operators 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Our service is as follows:
- staff are regularly briefed with current information to ensure that the system is used effectively
- if an incident occurs we are in contact with the police. It is also possible for the police control room to view the images in real time to assist officers attending the scene
- over 4500 incidents were dealt with by our operators in the last 12 months
- all recordings are kept for up to 28 days
For further information please view our Code of Practice, and our Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA). These can be found at the bottom of this page.
You can also refer to the following useful links:
- ICO Information Commissioners Office (for information on Legislation, Data Protection, Freedom of Information and to search the register of Data Controllers)
- SIA Security Industry Authority
- ACS Approved Register of Contractors
- Norfolk Constabulary
- Home Office
If you have any queries or would like more information relating to CCTV and the services we offer then please contact us, our email address is below.