Information about missed waste and recycling collections
What to do if your bin is not emptied
If your bin is not emptied on your collection day, we may be having service issues. We're sometimes late collecting your bin if there is poor weather conditions. We'll tell you about any delays in providing our service on this site.
If there is no disruption to our service, please check your calendar, as your collection will change if it's a bank holiday. You can view your calendar on our bin collection dates page.
We won't empty your bin if:
- It's not at the collection point by 7am when the crews start collecting
- It contains the wrong materials (the advisory note attached to your bin will explain the problem)
- side or excess waste has not been pre-agreed with us,or put out correctly
- the food in your food waste bin has frozen to it (please see the advice label we put on your bin for help)
Tell us we have missed your bin
We may have missed your bin by mistake, for which we apologise. Please report this to us before 12 noon on the next working day after the collection was due. We can then arrange for our crews to collect your bin. Please leave your bin at the collection point until it is emptied.
You can report a missed bin using our online report form. You can now track the progress of your report through registering for our My Account service.
Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.
To report your missed bin you'll need:
- your address details
- the planned date of your collection
If you do not contact us before 12 noon on the next working day after collection was due to take place, we will not be able to return to your property until your next scheduled collection date.