Information about missed waste and recycling collections
What to do if your bin is not emptied
Our collection crews empty bins up until 6:00pm. If your bin is not emptied by this time, we may be having service issues, possibly caused by poor weather conditions or problems on the road. Please visit our service disruption page to see if there are any current delays in providing your service.
If there's no information about a disruption to your service, please check your calendar because your collection will change if it's a bank holiday. You can view your calendar on our bin collection dates page.
We won't empty your bin if:
- It's not at the collection point by 7am when the crews start collecting
- It contains the wrong materials. The tag attached to your bin will explain the problem, or you can use our Recycling A-Z page for more advice
- side or excess waste has not been pre-agreed with us, or hasn't been put out correctly
- the food in your food waste caddy has frozen to the sides. You can usually avoid this by using plastic bags to line your caddy
Tell us we have missed your bin
We may have missed your bin by mistake, for which we apologise. Please report this to us within two days after the collection was due and before 12 noon on the second day. This can be done using the form below.
You can report a missed bin using our online report form. You can now track the progress of your report through registering for our My Account service.
Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.
To report your missed bin you'll need:
- your address details
- the planned date of your collection
Trade waste collections
If you're a business and we've missed your trade waste collection, you can report this on our trade waste missed collection page.
What happens next?
We’ll return to collect your bin within two days. Please leave your bin at the collection point until it is emptied.
If you don’t contact us within two days after your collection was due (before 12 noon on the second day), we won’t be able to return. You’ll have to wait until your next scheduled collection date.