Find out how to pay your BID levy
What is BID?
A Business Improvement District (BID) is an area within which local businesses agree, through a local ballot, to pay an additional charge to their business rates. The charge is used to improve and manage the town centre and surrounding area. You can find information on the BID ballot on our BID ballot page.
To find out if your business is included in the BID zone, please visit the King's Lynn BID website.
The King's Lynn BID steering group look to work with the town’s business community to provide services over and above, to create a more vibrant town where:
- businesses prosper
- communities thrive; and
- visitors return
To find more information on the plans and benefits of the BID, including how the money will be spent, please visit the King's Lynn BID website. Or you can contact the BID team by the following methods:
- telephone - 01553 772777 - and ask for Darren Taylor
- post - 48 Kings Street, King's Lynn, PE30 1HE
How much will be charged?
The BID is based on the principle of charging an additional levy on all business rate payers in a defined area.
- with a Rateable Value of £7,500 or less will be charged £100.00
- with a Rateable Value of over £7,500 will be billed 1.5% of their Rateable Value
We're administrating the BID invoicing and payments on behalf of the Kings Lynn BID Steering Group.
If you'd like to receive your BID invoice by email, please use our online form.
To tell us you would like to receive your bill by email you'll need:
- your BID reference number (you can find this on your invoice)
- your email address
How to pay your BID levy
- set up a Direct Debit by completing the Direct Debit mandate or by calling the office on 01553 616200. Direct Debits are available on the 28th of the month
- pay by debit or credit card over the phone with an advisor by calling 01553 616201
- pay via BACs by using the following bank details: Barclays Bank, sort code 20-17-19, account number 83921557. Please quote your BID account reference number
If you have any further payment enquiries you can contact us by:
- telephone - 01553 616200
- Post - Revenues Services, PO Box 26, Kings Lynn, PE30 1PX