Find out how to pay your BID levy
What is BID?
A Business Improvement District (BID) is an area within which local businesses agree, through a local ballot, to pay an additional charge to their business rates. The charge is used to improve and manage the town centre and surrounding area. You can find information on the BID ballot on our BID ballot page.
The King's Lynn BID steering group look to work with the town’s business community to provide services over and above, to create a more vibrant town where:
- businesses prosper
- communities thrive; and
- visitors return
Please visit the BID group's website for more information on plans and benefits of the BID, including:
- training opportunities
- how the money is spent
You can sign up to BID newsletters and WhatsApp updates on the BID group's website.
You can also download their 2023/24 BID update.
You can contact the BID team by the following methods:
- Telephone - 07387 752226
- Post - 48 Kings Street, King's Lynn, PE30 1HE
How much will be charged?
The BID is based on the principle of charging an additional levy on all business rate payers in a defined area.
The levy is based on the property’s 2017 Rateable Value. The 2023 Rateable Value is not being used as the current five year BID term started before the 2023 Rateable Values came into force.
- with a 2017 Rateable Value of £7,500 or less will be charged £100.00
- with a 2017 Rateable Value of over £7,500 will be billed 1.5% of their 2017 Rateable Value
We're administrating the BID invoicing and payments on behalf of the Kings Lynn BID Steering Group.
If you'd like to receive your BID invoice by email, please use our online form.
To tell us you would like to receive your bill by email you'll need:
- your BID account reference number beginning 99 (you can find this on your invoice)
- your email address
How to pay your BID levy
- set up a Direct Debit by completing the Direct Debit mandate or by calling the office on 01553 616200. Direct Debits are available on the 28th of the month
- pay by debit or credit card over the phone with an advisor by calling 01553 616201
- pay via BACs by using the following bank details: Barclays Bank, sort code 20-17-68, account number 83921557. Please quote your BID account reference number and the payee as 'BOROUGH COUNCIL OF KING'S LYNN AND WEST NORFOLK'
If you have any further payment enquiries you can contact us by:
- Telephone - 01553 616200
- Post - Revenues Services, PO Box 26, Kings Lynn, PE30 1PX