Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Business rates - Tell us about a move or change

Tell us about a change to make sure your business rates is correct

Tell us about a move

If you're moving out of your business premises please let us know.

To tell us about a move you'll need:

  • your business rates account number (if you’re vacating)
  • the date you moved out of the premises
  • your forwarding address

Tell us about a move

If your property has become empty

You may be able to stop paying business rates for a period if a property you own or are leasing is now empty. For further information please view our empty buildings discount page.

Report a change in your business

If any other things change, you'll need to contact the Valuation Office Agency.

Changes in your business can affect your rateable value. This will change the amount of business rates you’re required to pay.

Changes that you need to tell them about include:

  • the nature of your business changes
  • you sublet part of your property
  • you merge two or more properties into one

For further information please visit the GOV.UK website.

Once we have been notified of a change, or of a move, we'll issue you a revised bill. The bill will tell you your new instalments.