Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Refunds - Business rates

Find out if you're entitled to a business rates refund, and how to claim it

Am I am entitled to a refund?

If a change in your circumstances results in you having overpaid, we'll issue you a revised bill. We will also issue a refund letter confirming you're in credit and entitled to apply for a refund.

If you've registered for MyRevenues, you'll be able to view your business rates account balance and the payments you've made. If your account is in credit, you'll be signposted to apply for a refund via our online form. If your account is not in credit, you won't see the signpost to apply for a refund.

By requesting a refund using our online form you will also be able to track the progress of your request through your MyRevenues account.

Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.

You'll also be able to view personalised information, including business rate charges, payment details and view your bills online.

To apply for a refund online you'll need:

  • to login/sign up to MyRevenues
  • to select the refund option (only available when your account is in credit)
  • your bank details (bank account and sort code)

Apply for a refund

After you've applied

When you sign in to your MyRevenues account your refund request will show in ‘My Changes’ by the end of the following working day. Here you’ll be able to track the progress of your request.

In normal circumstances please allow up to 14 days for your refund to be paid into your bank account.