Information on business rates data we publish
Business rates report
We aim to publish business rates data quarterly. Please note, we won't supply individual responses to requests during the year.
The report will include:
- all business properties in West Norfolk
- current ratepayer name*
- commencement date
- correspondence address*
- properties receiving charitable relief (mandatory and/or discretionary) (column M and/or Q)
- properties receiving small business rate relief (Column N)
- empty properties (Column D)
- Column L shows if they are exempt from paying empty rates
- properties receiving an other section 47 reliefs (Column P)
* The ratepayers name and correspondence address will only be shown for companies and other organisations. If the ratepayer is a person (for example, partners or sole traders) the ratepayer's name will not be shown. And correspondence address will only be shown where this is not a residential address.
Limitations on Data
- ratepayers names and correspondence addresses are only provided for Limited Companies and Government Bodies and not for individuals (for example, sole traders, partnerships)
- data protection prevents the publication of names and addresses
- the ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. In many cases this is a leaseholder and not an owner. It's not possible to identify the owners from our records
- account references are not included as these are personal to the account
- the correspondence address is the last contact address on the business rates records
- details of individuals or businesses run from a residential address are not included
- we can't vouch for the ongoing accuracy of the data as information is being constantly updated
- the information published is subject to the same screening process as information provided in respect of an information request. And therefore personal information has not been included in these datasets
While we take reasonable measures to check the accuracy and content of the business rates report, we cannot warrant its completeness or accuracy. We can't accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on material contained in the datasets.