Find out how you can renew your vehicle licence
When to renew
We'll remind you when it's time to renew your licence, but it's your responsibility to apply to renew it.
You can renew your taxi vehicle licence within 30 days of the expiry date.
If you try to apply before, we won't be able to process your application, and you'll need to re-submit this within the 30 day time frame.
Before you renew
Before you renew your licence, your vehicle must pass a specific test (along with a VOSA MOT) carried out by one of our approved testing stations below:
- SC Autos (Tel: 01553 777708)
- Paul Johnson Motor Services (Tel: 01553 691742)
- AVR (Tel: 01553 766646)
- Bees Motors (Tel: 01366 384109)
- Kerry Motor Services (Tel: 01366 381337)
- Setch MOT Centre (Tel: 01553 813074)
Please also read our licensing conditions to make sure you meet the requirements of our renewal application.
Renew your licence
You can renew your vehicle licence online through registering for our My Account service.
You'll be able to view personalised information, including your renewal date and the details we hold for your licence.
Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.
To renew your vehicle licence you'll need:
- a test certificate from one of our approved testing stations (and a valid VOSA MOT)
- your insurance policy
- a debit or credit card for the fee*
The fees are:
- private hire - £104 (plus £19 if new stickers are required)
- hackney carriage - £109
- special event - £104
- hackney wheelchair - £115
What happens next?
If your renewal is successful, we'll send you a new vehicle licence. You'll receive this in the post.
For further guidance on 'My Account', please see our instructional video below: