How to get advice, including pre-application advice and the duty planner service
If you want us to consider your planning proposals before you submit the application, we offer a pre-application advice service.
There are considerable benefits in seeking advice before making an application:
- we'll explain the policies we use to assess your proposal
- it will help you prepare your proposals for formal submission (and they may be dealt with more quickly, and the result more likely to be positive)
- it can identify at an early stage where there is a need for specialist input (for example, listed buildings, or contaminated land)
- it may lead to a reduction in time spent by your professional advisors in working up proposals
How to apply
To apply for pre-application advice you'll need:
- the appropriate fee (see our fees document at the bottom of the page)
- a location plan, a block plan, and a floor plan and elevations (four copies of each)
Pre-application (no consultations) form
We also offer a pre-application (no consultation) service. The fee for this service is less that the full pre-application (please see our fees document at the bottom of the page). However, it is limited to officer interpretation of your proposal (looking at the design and scale), without undertaking any consultations.
If you need any help to apply for pre-application advice, please see our guidance booklet at the bottom of the page.
Once you've completed your application
Once you've downloaded and completed the application form, you can scan and email a copy to us at email@example.com. Or you can send the form to the address below:
Environment and Planning, Kings Court, Chapel Street, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1EX.
You'll also need to pay the fee. You can:
- pay over the phone on 01553 616234
- post us a cheque (payable to BCKLWN)
Duty planner service
Our planning pages provide information on a range of topics. You can also look on the Planning Portal Website which gives information about permitted developments, and what is likely to need planning permission.
If you need further assistance, many straightforward queries can be dealt with by our Customer Services Team.
If you still need to speak to a planning officer, the duty planner service operates on a Tuesday and Thursday between 9am and 1pm. Please contact us to speak to someone, or book an appointment to visit.