Report an abandoned vehicle and what we do with the information
Report an abandoned vehicle
You can report an abandoned vehicle using our online report form. You can now track the progress of your report through registering for our MyAccount service.
Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.
What you need to know to report an abandoned vehicle:
- location of vehicle
- vehicle registration number
- the colour, make and model
What we do?
We're responsible for the removal of abandoned vehicles, and arrange for either their disposal or storage. The process for doing this is as follows:
- we contact the Police, and they complete checks on the vehicle
- the Police then give us authority to remove the vehicle
- once we remove the vehicle Norfolk County Council take over responsibility
- Norfolk County Council try to trace the owner and recover the costs for the removal
You can report an untaxed vehicle on the highway via the Department for Transport website.