About the King's Lynn Town Deal, and the Board driving our vision for the town
About the Town Deal
In September 2019, the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government announced that 100 towns in England will benefit from the £3.6 billion Towns Fund. King’s Lynn was one of the towns that will benefit from investment.
About the Town Fund
The Town Fund will help drive the economic regeneration of the town. Our aims include:
- boosting the cultural, arts and creativity offer in the town
- creating new housing provision in the town centre
- improving the entrance to the town through car parking provision enhancement
Our Town Deal Board
We've set up a Town Deal Board who will create the vision and strategy for the town. The Board will:
- develop and agree an evidence based Town Investment Plan
- develop a clear programme of interventions
- Coordinate resources and influence stakeholders
Our role is to organise the Board, and make the governance and decision making structures of the Town Deal Board public.
The Government has set out specific requirements about who the Board must include. They are:
- all tiers of local government
- upper-tier authorities
- the MP (or MPs)
- local businesses and investors
- Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs)
- Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
- Jobcentre Plus
It must also include representation from some wider community bodies, such as:
- universities and further education
- local sports team
- cultural and creative institutions
Vision King's Lynn
We have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to access investment to transform King’s Lynn so it becomes a place of choice and fulfils its potential as a sub-regional centre.
Vision King’s Lynn is the collective name for our investment, funding, and plans for King’s Lynn. We've set up a website with information about the emerging Town Investment Plan, along with other information about investment in the area.
We're keen to receive as many opinions from the public as possible. A programme of public consultation will be delivered in the coming months. But, in the meantime you can offer your views through the Government's MyTown portal.
The minutes for any Town Board Deal meetings are below: