About the King's Lynn Town Deal, and the Board driving our vision for the town
About the Town Deal
In September 2019, the Government announced that 100 towns in England will benefit from the £3.6 billion Towns Fund. King’s Lynn is one of the towns that is benefiting from investment.
About the Towns Fund
The Towns Fund will help drive the economic regeneration of the town. Our priorities include:
- Innovative, growth businesses and a skilled workforce
- Sustainably Connected town
- Historic waterfront and repurposed town centre
Our King’s Lynn Town Deal Board
We've set up a Town Deal Board which has created a vision and strategy for the town, developed from a robust evidence base, informed by extensive consultation and engagement. This is set out in a Town Investment Plan.
Our role is to organise the Board, and make the governance and decision making structures of the Town Deal Board public.
The Government has set out specific requirements about who the Board should include. They are:
- government bodies
- the MP that covers the town
- local businesses and investors
- community organisations
- Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs)
- Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
- Relevant local organisations
We have tried to cover as many of the Government’s suggested sectors as possible on our Town Deal Board.
Vision King's Lynn
The Town Deal is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to access investment to transform King’s Lynn so it becomes a place of choice and fulfils its potential as a sub-regional centre.
To address these challenges and opportunities, the Town Deal Board agreed a vision for King’s Lynn;
- New opportunities for skills and jobs for our young people and all those affected by Covid-19 and those needing to reskill, linked to demand from local employers and opportunities in local sectors
- Growing innovative businesses - attracted by our connectivity and high quality of life and supported by the networks and collaborative support that businesses need
- A repurposed town centre with new experiences and businesses - increasing footfall, enhancing cultural opportunities, with its different parts better connected
- A high-quality residential and leisure offer in the historic town core and riverfront - attracting new people to live and work in the town centre, whilst protecting our unique heritage.
- A sustainably connected town - through reduced congestion and better connectivity between the town, its catchment area and residential growth areas, creating safer walking and cycling routes and supporting remote working.
Vision King’s Lynn is the collective name for our investment, funding, and plans for King’s Lynn. We've set up a website with information about the Town Deal projects, this also contains the Town Investment Plan, along with other information about investment in the area.