Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Mutual exchanges

Information about how to apply for a mutual exchange

Exchange your home

If you're a housing association tenant, you can swap homes with any council or housing association tenant. This may be quicker than trying to secure a new home through West Norfolk Homechoice

Things to be aware of

Before considering a house swap, you must get your landlords consent.

The landlord will consider:

  • the type of properties involved
  • the household of each tenant
  • how suitable the swap is

They'll also consider:

  • how you've managed your tenancy including rent arrears
  • how your look after your home
  • any neighbour issues

How to find a house swap

You can find information to help you find a suitable swap on websites such as Home Swapper or House Exchange.  Please contact your landlord to ask which site they use.