How to apply for a watercraft permit to use the launching ramp in Hunstanton
Watersports are a popular pastime in West Norfolk. Hunstanton provides excellent conditions with its shallow sea and vast sand.
If you're bringing your own personal watercraft to Hunstanton, you will need to follow our guidance.
We have developed the following proposals in consultation with the relevant local clubs and bodies. They are to ensure effective management of personal watercraft and powered boats using the launching ramps:
- all users must obtain a permit before they can launch
- users must show data tag number (jet-skis), name of boat (powered boats) and valid insurance
- for powered boats and jet-skis, RYA Level 2 must be held by each driver
- SBDA certificate is required for British water-ski members
To apply for a powered watercraft permit please complete our application form. You can also apply for a permit Permits through the Oasis Sports & Leisure Centre.
To complete our application form you'll need:
- information about your watercraft (including make and model)
- a copy of valid insurance
- a copy of certificate of competence, such as personal watercraft certificate for jet skis, SBDA certificate for British water ski members or RYA level 2 for powered boats
Once completed, you will need to send the form to:
Oasis Sports & Leisure Centre,
Permission to Launch
All holders of Launch Permits must produce their permit and training documentation every time they intend to launch across either the Hunstanton or Heacham launch ramps.