Find out how to enter our Mayor's Business Awards
Mayor's Business Awards categories
The Mayor's Business Awards publicly acknowledge outstanding business achievement and the contribution that businesses make to the west Norfolk economy.
Established in 1989, by former mayor Cllr Les Daubney, the awards recognise the achievements of local businesses. It provides them with the perfect opportunity to showcase their success. We have joined forces with the Lynn News to make the awards bigger and better than ever.
There are nine categories to enter. Businesses can enter as many as they wish:
- Mayor's business of the year award
- Community event of the year
- Apprentice/trainee of the Year
- Customer care
- Innovator of the year
- Independent retailer
- Leisure and tourism
- Small growing business (for up to five years)
- Business person of the year
In addition to supporting the overall awards, we sponsor the Mayor’s Business of the Year Award. This prestigious award acknowledges businesses that have made a noteworthy achievement during the last year or during a period culminating in the last year.
The winner of the Mayor’s Business of the Year Award will be the business that can demonstrate strong performances in areas such as:
- marketing, promotion and growth
- use of innovation and development of new products and services
- growth of new markets and customer base at home or abroad
- management, training and development of staff
- control and management of business performance
- use of good practice in environmental sustainability
How to enter
To enter the awards you can complete an online entry form which you will find at Mayor's Business Award website.
The winners for this years awards were announced at an awards ceremony on 3 March 2017. You can view the results on our Mayors Business Award news article page.