What is a parking dispensation and how to apply for one
Dispensations allow businesses or organisations, who need regular access to their commercial vehicle, to park in areas where waiting restrictions are in place.
These dispensations are valid for one vehicle. And they're valid until midnight on the day they're purchased. If you have more than one vehicle in use, or visit multiple locations, you will need more than one dispensation.
Who doesn't need dispensation?
There are some exemptions, these are:
- emergency vehicles
- collection or delivery of postal packets
- furniture removals
- permitted vehicles such as bank security vehicles
- vehicles being used for a funeral
- vehicles being used to remove any obstruction to traffic
- vehicles being used to build or repair roadways, or doing works to main water ways, gas, electricity or telecommunications
- civil enforcement officers directly pursuing duties of enforcement
Types of dispensation
You can choose between two types of dispensation.
These permits are for parking in unrestricted areas, such as:
- on street Pay & Display bays
- limited waiting bays
- resident parking areas
- single yellow lines without loading restrictions
- double yellow lines without loading restrictions
You can order a green dispensation using our online form. Once you’ve completed the order you’ll be able to park straight away.
These permits are for restricted areas of the street, such as
- all areas not included within the green areas
- loading bays/restrictions
- pedestrian zones
- restricted zones
You can order a red dispensation using our online form. Once you’ve completed the order, we’ll review your request. We’ll make our decision within five working days. Please don’t park until you’ve heard from us.
Apply for a dispensation
To apply for a dispensation you'll need to complete our business dispensation application form online. There is a £5 charge per day.
To apply for a dispensation, you'll need:
- to tell us where you need to park
- a valid debit or credit card for the fee (£5 per day)