Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Filming in west Norfolk

How to apply for permission to film on council-owned land in west Norfolk.

If you're a news crew, please contact Communications directly.

If you're not, you'll need to complete a filming application form (found at the bottom of this page).

Before making an application, please read our filming guidelines, which should answer most questions you may have about filming on our land.

To make an application you'll need:

  • an electronic copy of your public liability insurance
  • the date(s) you want to film on
  • details of your crew, and the equipment and vehicles you'll be bringing
  • the exact location, street name, or postcode of where you want to film

If your filming is straightforward (hand-held cameras, minimal crew) you should complete a basic filming application. There is no charge for this.

If your filming is complex (large equipment, road closures, special effects) you should complete a complex filming application. There is a charge of £30 for this.

Other people you may need to contact


West Norfolk has many historic buildings and beautiful locations you might like to film in. You can find out more about them on the Visit West Norfolk website.