We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use


Mutual exchanges

Information about how to apply for a mutual exchange

Exchange your home

If you're a housing association tenant, you can swap homes with any council or housing association tenant. This may be quicker than trying to secure a new home through West Norfolk Homechoice

Things to be aware of

Before considering a house swap, you must get your landlords consent.

The landlord will consider:

  • the type of properties involved
  • the household of each tenant
  • how suitable the swap is

They'll also consider:

  • how you've managed your tenancy including rent arrears
  • how your look after your home
  • any neighbour issues

How to find a house swap

You can find information to help you find a suitable swap on websites such as Home Swapper or House Exchange.  Please contact your landlord to ask which site they use.