Information about protecting your home from flooding
Types of flooding
There are three types of flooding that can occur:
- tidal or coastal flooding
- river flooding
- surface water flooding (usually after heavy rainfall)
You can help reduce the risk to flooding in many ways.
Please be aware, we don't issue sandbags for property level protection as they're not 100% effective. We recommend other measures instead such as flood boards.
Advice and Information
There are many sources of information about flood protection, including:
- Norfolk prepared preparing your home for emergencies information
- GOV UK - prepare for a flood
- Making your home more flood resilient - Blue pages directory
- Environment Agency Prepare your property for flooding. A guide for householders and small businesses
- BCKLWN Flood Warning Information Leaflet (this can be found below)