Find out about the district's carbon emissions
About carbon emissions
When humans extract, refine, transport, and burn fossil fuels like coal, natural gas, and oil, we release extra carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere.
Every year the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) release local authority area estimates for carbon dioxide emissions (CO2). We'll review this data on an annual basis to report on how our district's emissions have changed.
BEIS data sets always detail local authority emissions data two year prior to the current date. For instance, the data set released in 2020, details local authority emissions data for the year 2018.
District emissions bubble reports
You can also view the 2005-2017 comparison report.
The reports and links below provide some further information and data about the district’s emissions.
- Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Local Authority Emissions Data
- New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership/University of East Anglia Scoping Study 2019
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions in west Norfolk - analysis and recommendations
- Powerpoint - Overview of 2017 district emissions
- Powerpoint - Overview of the 2018 district emissions