Published: Monday, 16th May 2022
Published on behalf of Collusion
The youth have spoken
Last Friday at Alive Corn Exchange, King's Lynn's youth demonstrated their care and concern about Earth and climate change. They performed music and made live projections – and unveiled their manifesto for a hope of a green future – truly a night to remember. Here is their declaration:
If you missed it, don’t worry! Until 31 May, the public are invited to experience the MANIFESTO* Exhibition – the culmination of the project’s creative work, on show for FREE around the town centre as part of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival.
Visit the sites on the map (attached) to find and explore:
- An interactive poster and a ringing iconic red telephone sharing the manifesto statement in words, pictures and sound.
- Large-scale, animated projections on St Nicholas’ Chapel, King’s Lynn Minster, Greyfriars Tower, and the Custom House. (Viewable after dark until 11pm nightly.)
- Box heads, climate flags and letters to the Earth sharing concerns and ideas around climate change, created for the MANIFESTO* Live event held on Friday 13th May.
- A totem of TVs showcasing animated artwork from across the project.
- The MANIFESTO* Soundscapes: the history and ecology of King's Lynn in geolocated sound, streamable via mobile phone as you explore the town. Use the web link or scan the QR code to access:
MANIFESTO* is a programme of activity inviting King’s Lynn’s young people to explore creative responses to the climate challenge – using emerging technology as well as traditional artmaking techniques and tools. The project is produced by Collusion, the Cambridge and Lynn–based arts and tech organisation that most recently brought us THE INTERGALACTIC HANSEATIC LEAGUE and DRAWDOWN. It is the third project in the climate-themed GAME ON series led by Collusion for the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, which seeks to establish King’s Lynn as a national centre of excellence for cultural innovation in interactive, townscale, projection-based artworks.
MANIFESTO* is produced by Collusion, supported by Arts Council England, Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (NALEP), Norfolk & Norwich Festival, Norfolk County Council, and PEACH West Norfolk.