Groups and organisations, looking to deliver infrastructure to benefit the residents and businesses within the borough, are being invited to bid for CIL Infrastructure Funding
These applications apply only to our (the Borough Council's) infrastructure funding. Parish payments are made automatically. But, Parishes are able to apply for this funding, in additional to their Parish payment
If you are a local or community groups thinking of applying for funding, we will require written confirmation that the Parish Council support your project, as part of the application process.
Can I apply for funding?
In order for a project to be considered for CIL funding, you need to meet the project type and be relevant to the infrastructure criteria. And:
- the application form has been completed satisfactorily
- the organisation has the legal right to carry out the proposed project
- the project is clearly defined as ‘infrastructure necessary to support growth’
- applications should not include a schedule of ongoing costs, to maintain the project, once it has been completed
CIL can be used to:
- fund all of a project, or can be combined with funding available from other sources
- increase the capacity of existing infrastructure or to repair failing infrastructure, if that is necessary to support development.
Our CIL governance document provides further information relating to:
- project pre-application criteria
- project scoring criteria
- decision-making processes
View the current CIL Governance Document
Our CIL infrastructure fund has been separated into two specific project types. This enables the funding to:
- meet wider borough infrastructure requirements
- support local community needs
Infrastructure Projects funding over £30,001
- 18+ Adult Education Infrastructure Projects
- Green Infrastructure Projects
- Leisure Time Activities Infrastructure
Infrastructure Projects funding of £2,000 and up to £30,000
- Education – local initiatives
- Economic Development
- Community Facilities
- Green Infrastructure
- Open Space and Leisure
How to Apply for Funding
There is a rolling programme to allow CIL Funding applications twice a year.
Apply for CIL funding by online application
CIL Funding Applications must be submitted within the following timescales:
|8am on the Start Date:||5pm on the Closing Date:||Funding Application Title|
|01 January||01 February||FY_1|
|01 July||01 August||FY_2|
How will funds be allocated
Eligible projects will be scored on their ability to meet the criteria set out within the Governance Document.
The decision-making process, will commence after the application deadline has ended, to:
- ensure that all projects are reviewed fairly and transparently
- give each project the same opportunity for funding
A project being included on the CIL infrastructure list does not signify a guarantee of CIL funding. Whether a project receives CIL funding will depend on:
- our priorities at the time of the application for funding being made, and
- the amount of CIL funding available
CIL funding timetable
There will be 2 rounds of CIL Infrastructure Funding applications a year as follows:
|Start Date||Closing Date||Decisions Made||Funds Allocated|
|01 January||01 February||February/Early March||Mid/End March|
|01 July||01 August||August/Early September||Mid/End September|
We anticipate the following process/broad timetable for the current CIL funding application cycle.
The process following receipt of applications is as follows:
- officers validate and score bids received against the CIL bid scoring criteria
- valid bids will be reviewed by elected members of the Spending Panel
- infrastructure project decisions will be made and funds allocated
Our aim is to consider and agree valid project bids as soon as possible to avoid delaying the spending plans of bodies bidding for money. A date for each CIL Spending Panel meeting will be announced on the Council Meetings Calendar.
We'll ensure timely release of funds when invoices are received for satisfactorily completed works.