Claim our Norfolk Tourism Support Grant if you've incurred costs as a result of COVID-19 or would like to extend your autumn offering
A package of funding support has been approved by the Norfolk Strategic Fund to help the tourism sector to recover from the impact of COVID-19 to reopen as safely as possible.
Two grant funds are available for eligible businesses to apply for:
- Tourism Adaption Business Fund
- Autumn and Winter Adaption Fund
Tourism Adaption Business Fund
The Tourism Business Adaptation Grant is a small business grant fund to support businesses in adapting to meet social distancing and hygiene requirements.
The fund will provide up to 50% of the cost of eligible activity, up to a maximum of £3k, on spends which have occurred since 23 June 2020.
Eligible activity includes adaptations and interventions to comply with social distancing or hygiene requirements brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible for the fund, businesses must:
- employ less than 50 people
- trade in West Norfolk
- operate in hospitality, culture and leisure sectors (excluding accommodation)
- have not claimed other specific grant funding to support re-opening activities, including the purchase of PPE, following lockdown
- be able to provide receipts and photos for all items claimed
Only items which have been already purchased can be claimed for under the scheme. Items that can be funded through the scheme should fall into one of the following categories:
Capital items relating to social distancing, which can include but are not limited to:
- shop-specific signage
- barriers or “one-way” set ups
- improvised waiting areas
- interventions to support appropriately spaced outdoor service
Capital items relating to hygiene requirements, which can include but are not limited to:
- hand sanitiser stations
- point of sale protective screens
- adaptations for serving food or drink
- Personal Protective Equipment to keep customer-facing staff safe, additional to that which would usually be used
Autumn and Winter Adaption Fund
The Autumn and Winter Adaption Fund is for businesses to apply which will enable them to extend the seasonal offer throughout autumn and winter where they are unable to do so at present.
The tourism industry in Norfolk has been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and missed out on significant tourism periods across the early part of 2020. So this fund has been created to attempt to bring additional tourism back to these businesses at a time that they would not normally have been operating, or is outside the traditional visitor season.
Grants for 50% of costs of interventions of up to £3k are available to support businesses with the adaptations required to enable trading in the winter season.
- employ less than 50 people
- be trading in the district
- operate in the hospitality, leisure and culture sectors, excluding accommodation
- provide quotes for items being claimed and invoices/receipts prior to payment
Applicants must demonstrate how their project directly assists with the extension of the tourism season for their business into the autumn and winter months. The grant must only be used for activity that would have otherwise not occured.
The fund will provide up to 50% funding towards any intervention to allow businesses to open across the winter months where they previously would not have done. Acceptable spend on projects can fall under the following sections:
Capital items to allow opening in the winter. Items could include but are not limited to:
- outdoor equipment
- weather-shielding equipment, such as wind breaks
Items to support social distancing in the winter period. Items could include but are not limited to:
- temporary structures to keep waiting visitors dry or safe, such as awnings or marquees
- improvised waiting areas, reception areas or ticket offices
Online/mobile-based interventions to reduce queueing including:
- ticketing solutions
Interventions to support clean travel to destinations.
The fund will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, so we encourage you to apply without delay. You can check you're eligible below. The scheme will close at 5pm on Friday, 9 October 2020.
For more information before you apply, please read our full conditions document.
Check if you're eligible