Published: Friday, 31st January 2020
Love West Norfolk Day, the day to shout loudly and proudly about West Norfolk is taking place on 14 February – and we would love for you to join in the celebration of West Norfolk!
James Bagge, the recently announced Ambassador of Love West Norfolk said: “This is our chance to tell the world how much we all love our own West Norfolk, its history, its people, its culture. Go for it! It’s a special part of the world and one to be proud of.”
We are pleased to share with you our resources pack which you can download to use on 14 February aka Love West Norfolk Day.
The pack includes:
- Posters: display a Love West Norfolk poster and let people know you’re celebrating Love West Norfolk Day. There’s also a version for you to add information about what you’re doing in your organisation to celebrate.
- Selfie sign: share what you love about West Norfolk using the selfie sign. Write on it what you love about West Norfolk, take your picture, and upload to social media.
- Commitment: show your commitment to West Norfolk by signing and displaying the Love West Norfolk Commitment.
- Online resources: show your love online by adding the Love West Norfolk email footer to your emails. You can also add a Love West Norfolk Twibbon to your Twitter picture (just search Love West Norfolk on twibbon.com), or a Love West Norfolk frame to your Facebook profile picture (just search for Love West Norfolk in frames). Or, why not add the Love West Norfolk logo to your online channels and let people know that you’re supporting #lovewestnorfolk Day?
- Postcard: send someone the Love West Norfolk postcard and they will ‘wish they were here.’
- And, we haven’t forgotten that 14 February is also Valentine’s day – people who love West Norfolk can even download and send a Love West Norfolk Valentine’s card!
Love West Norfolk badges can also be collected from the Borough Council offices.
Here are just some of our ideas for getting involved on the day but we are sure you may have your own:
- Film: Make your own Love West Norfolk Day film sharing what you love about West Norfolk.
- Pictures: share your pictures of West Norfolk, especially on Instagram.
- Charity: show your love for West Norfolk by supporting one of the great local charities and good causes. Why not hold a cake sale to raise money for a great West Norfolk cause?
- And, schools can get involved by taking part in the Love West Norfolk colouring competition or by using the selfie signs to share what West Norfolk pupils love about the area.
We’re still finalising plans for the day but two exciting events are happening on Love West Norfolk Day:
- The Hunstanton Heritage Centre will be linking its official opening on 14 February to Love West Norfolk Day. Members of the Norwich pipe band will parade around town before the official opening (by invitation only) at 12 noon. The Heritage Centre will be open to the public on Saturday, 15 February from 12 noon to 3pm (free entry);
- True’s Yard Museum in King’s Lynn will be offering free entry to visitors between 10am and 1pm on the day.
Throughout the day, there will be ongoing posts from the Love West Norfolk Twitter account celebrating West Norfolk, with Love West Norfolk social media takeovers planned by Freebridge Community Housing, the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk, and Visit West Norfolk, amongst others.
And importantly, it would be great if you could share what you love about West Norfolk on Twitter on the day using the hashtag #lovewestnorfolk
Follow Love West Norfolk to find out more and get involved: