Published: Thursday, 7th November 2019
A request to hold an election to fill one vacancy on the Upwell & Delph ward of the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk has been received.
The date of the election (subject to a contest) has been fixed as Thursday 12 December 2019.
The Notice of Election will be published on Thursday 7 November 2019, and nomination papers must be received by the Returning Officer after that date, but no later than 4:00pm on Friday 15 November 2019.
Anyone who is not already registered to vote must register by Tuesday 26 November 2019 to be able to vote in this election.
Voting will take place at:
- Upwell Village Hall, 6 New Road, Upwell, WISBECH, PE14 9AB
- Three Holes Village Hall, Squires Drove, Three Holes, WISBECH, PE14 9JY
- Lakes End Village Hall, Main Road, Lakes End, WISBECH, PE14 9QL
- Town Hall, Bridge Street, DOWNHAM MARKET, PE38 9DW
- Wimbotsham Village Hall, Low Road, Wimbotsham, KING’S LYNN, PE34 3QQ
- Stow Bridge Village Hall, Holme Road, Stow Bridge, KING’S LYNN, PE34 3PW
- Nordelph Village Hall, High Street, Nordelph, DOWNHAM MARKET, PE38 0BL
- The William Marshall Centre, Hurn Drove, Welney, WISBECH, PE14 9SD
- Barroway Drove Village Hall, 142 The Drove, Barroway Drove, DOWNHAM MARKET, PE38 0AL
The polling stations will be open from 7:00am until 10:00pm.
Anyone unable to vote in person on that day should check if they are eligible for a postal or proxy vote by contacting Electoral Services on 01553 616773.
The deadline for applications to vote by post is 5:00pm on Thursday 27 November 2019 (whether new or an amendment to an existing arrangement, including postal proxies).
The deadline for new applications to vote by proxy is 5:00pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019. For an amendment to an existing arrangement, the form must be received by 5:00pm on Wednesday 27 November 2019.
The last day for receipt of emergency proxy vote applications is 5:00pm on Thursday 12 December 2019.
Postal votes will be dispatched around Wednesday 27 November 2019.