Published: Thursday, 30th May 2019
Every Sunday throughout the summer, live music will be performed in the Bandstand in The Walks, King’s Lynn, between 2pm and 4pm.
Cllr. Elizabeth Nockolds, Cabinet Member for Culture, Heritage and Health said: "Bandstands have historically been a focal point in public parks. It’s great that, once again, we’re able to revive this tradition and I hope people come along to enjoy these free of charge concerts".
"The park will be looking at its best during the summer months, with colourful flower displays and shaded walks, so concert goers can enjoy a stroll before or after the performance.”
The Walks is a Green Flag Award winner. During the school summer holidays, refreshments will be available from the Café in the Park, situated next to the Children’s play area.
Scheduled to appear this year are the following:
- 2 June: Hilgay Silver Band
- 9 June: John Barker (trumpet)
- 16 June: Claire Scollay (singer)
- 23 June: West Norfolk Music Centre
- 30 June: March Brass 2000
- 7 July: Hilgay All Stars
- 14 July: Hilgay Silver Band
- 21 July: Hilgay All Stars
- 28 July: John Barker (trumpet)
- 4 August: West Norfolk Rock Choir
- 11 August: Saxobility
- 18 August: East Angles Brass Band
- 25 August: Top Brass
- 1 September: King's Lynn Town Band
- 8 September: Wicken Coronation Band