Published: Wednesday, 15th June 2016
We're holding a photography competition as part of West Norfolk In Bloom 2016. Prizes will be awarded for the best photographs on the theme “Love Your Parks".
The competition was launched today by Cllr Nockolds and Mike Brindle of the King's Lynn & District Camera Club
Cllr Elizabeth Nockolds, borough council cabinet member for Culture, Heritage and Health, said: "King’s Lynn & West Norfolk has many beautiful parks and green spaces, and In Bloom 2016 will celebrate them again this year. If you love our parks you'll have spotted something worth photographing, and we'd love you to share those pictures with us.
"The competition's theme of “Love Your Parks” covers anything you can see in a park or green space in West Norfolk that shows our parks at their best. Plants and flowers in bloom, wildlife, local people enjoying spending time in our parks: the possibilities are endless!"
How to enter
• Email photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Upload it to a flickr account and tag it #WestNorfolkLoveYourParks or upload it to the flickr group "WestNorfolkLoveYourParks"
Remember to state in which category the entry is being made:
• Over 18
• Under 18 – for anyone who does not turn 18 until after 31 August 2016
Entries can be uploaded or emailed until 31 August 2016, so there's lots of time to take the perfect shot!
There is no limit on the number of photographs that can be submitted. They must be in jpeg, png or gif format, and no bigger than 5MB.
All the photographs submitted will be considered by a panel of judges, and then the winners will be contacted.
• Over 18s first prize – a full year’s subscription, worth £55, to the King’s Lynn & District Camera Club
• Over 18s second prize - £50 of high street vouchers
• Under 18s first prize – a 12x18 inch framed print of the winning photograph, donated by Wolfy’s Video and Photography
• Under 18s second prize – 100 6x4 inch prints of the winning photograph, donated by Wolfy’s Video and Photography
• Entrants must only submit photographs they've taken themselves
• All photographs submitted must have been taken in the borough of King's Lynn & West Norfolk - entries should state exactly where
• Any photographs submitted may be used in borough council promotional material. Entrants agree to this when they submit photographs.
Visit the Love Your parks photography competition page at www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/loveyourparks