Information on how to apply for the Plan for the Future Grant Scheme
About the scheme
The scheme will provide support to businesses that are located within the boundaries of Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk, that have been severely impacted by COVID-19 and restrictions and are looking at ways to recover and strengthen their business performance and ‘build back better.’
There is a limited pot of funding available to support companies, so we are looking for businesses to bring forward investment projects that will have a significant impact on their business, and grant applications will be considered on “first-come, first-served” basis.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- how they have been severely impacted by COVID-19,
- what they need to invest in and
- how this will enable them to respond to the impact and grow
- how this will improve the sustainability of the business operation, minimise the environmental impact and where possible, support the aim towards net zero
You will need to convince us there is a case for using grant funding to support your project, for example by:
- Demonstrating that there is a direct link between the impact of the restrictions and the proposed activity.
- Identifying how COVID-19 and restrictions have impacted your business, what services and/or goods you are planning to purchase.
- Identifying what impact this grant support would have on your business to mitigate/ rectify the damage caused.
- How the investment has taken sustainability into consideration and ways to minimise the environmental impact of the business to work towards net zero.
Projects must be completed by 28 February 2022 and grants paid out by 31 March 2022.
The Grant cannot fund any projects that have been completed or commenced in any way. You must not make any orders or pay deposits until you have been notified of the outcome of your application.
This discretionary scheme also includes help for businesses which, while not legally forced to close, are nonetheless severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid-19. This includes businesses which supply the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors, and businesses in the events sector.
We'll also consider businesses outside the business rates system, which are effectively forced to close or can demonstrate their income and business activity has been impacted by the restrictions, including market traders, self-employed people and home workers.
We've prioritised support for businesses with significant operations in or supplying the following sectors:
- Hospitality and tourism
- Leisure, venues, events and cultural activities
- Supply chains relating to businesses that have been forced to close
- Businesses/sole traders outside of the business rate system
- Businesses that are not required to close but have been severely impacted by the restrictions on socialising
What will the scheme pay for?
The schemem will pay for up to 75% grant towards capital and revenue costs involved in resilience and future recovery and growth of businesses.
Grants between £2,500 up to a maximum of £25,000 are available. This means that your total project costs must be at least £3,335 to qualify for the minimum grant of £2,500.
How to apply
Their expert and impartial Business Growth Advisers will work with you to develop an action plan and complete your application.