Sunday 23 September
The revival of the Hunstanton Soap Box Derby continues, and now the event is sponsored by Searles Leisure Resort. Come and watch homemade karts race down the streets of Hunstanton. There'll be entertainment on The Green too, so why not come and join the fun?
Fifty teams will race hand-built karts down Hunstanton’s hilly streets, thrilling the crowds of thousands that are expected to attend.
The action-packed schedule is below:
- 10am - karts start to arrive and register
- 10:30 to 11:15am - music on The Green - Sam Cook (Sam is the lead singer from Bear Club)
- 11am - gin tent (run by the Hunstanton 4T5 Club raising money for charity) opens on The Green
- 11:30am - commentary starts
- Noon to 1:40pm - racing round one
- 1:40pm - break - music on The Green - Morganway (Morganway performed at the Cambridge Folk Festival)
- 2:30 - 4pm - racing round two
- 4 - 4:45pm - music on The Green - Dishy Tangent (Dishy Tangent won this year's Battle of the Bands)
- 4:45pm - presentations
There will also be:
- a Morris Minor display
- fun for children with the Strange Fascination Theatre
- a visit from KLFM's Bumble
Information for entrants
The Soap Box Derby is now full; we're no longer accepting entries.
- the course starts at Boston Square, turns onto 'Crazy Corner' into Cliff Parade and finishes at the mini-roundabout
- you can view the full course on our Searles Soap Box Derby course map
- all teams entered may arrive and register from 10am
- the detailed rules for entrants, including technical restrictions on the karts, can be found in our full rules document.
If you need further information, please contact the Hunstanton Heritage Gardens Activities Coordinator on 01553 616326.
There will be road closures during the event. You can find out further information in our road closures letter.