Information about our corporate business plan
Our business plan
Over the past four years, we have continued to deliver improvements in the quality of people’s everyday lives, whilst operating in an environment of reducing public sector resources.
Public sector funding will become even tighter during the period to 2019/2020. Our our overall priority is to continue to operate within our means.
We want to drive up economic growth, and a prosperous future for the people that live and work here, whilst ensuring that the quality of life and natural assets of the area are preserved. With this in mind, we have identified six priority areas which are summarised below:
- priority one: provide important local services within our available resources
- priority two: drive local economic and housing growth
- priority three: work with our communities to ensure they remain clean and safe
- priority four: celebrate our local heritage and culture
- priority five: stand up for local interests within our region
- priority six: work with our partners on important services for the borough
To find out how we're performing with our six priorities please visit our corporate business plan monitoring page.