Information on the Upwell Parish Council's proposed neighbourhood development plan
Upwell Parish Council have independently prepared a proposed neighbourhood development plan. It's intended to guide development in Upwell Parish and provide criteria (alongside the Borough Council’s Local Plan) for decisions on planning applications there.
A submission consultation ran for eight weeks (two weeks more than usual due to it falling over the Christmas holidays), from 18 November 2019 to 13 January 2020. It can be accessed using the button below.
To view the proposed neighbourhood plan please select the 'Supporting Documents' tab to open the pdf links.
We have to manage the process by which the Parish Council’s proposed plan is checked for compliance with national requirements. Comments received are used by an independent examiner and the Borough Council to help decide if the proposed neighbourhood plan:
- contributes to achieving sustainable development
- conforms with the strategic policies of the (Borough Council’s) Local Plan
- gives appropriate regard to the National Planning Policy Framework
- is compatible with EU obligations
If the plan successfully passes these tests, a local referendum will be held. And if the plan is supported by more than 50% of the votes, it will become part of the official ‘development plan’ for Upwell Parish.
The plan has successfully passed the tests above, and will proceed to a local referendum. You can view the:
The date of the referendum has not been confirmed as of yet. The details on the local referendum will be updated in due course.
Upwell Neighbourhood Plan documents
- Upwell Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Upwell NP - Evidence Base
- Upwell Strategic Environmental Assessment: Addendum to Draft Environmental Report (March 2019)
- Upwell NP - Statement of Basic Conditions
- Upwell NP - Statement of Community Involvement
- Upwell NP - Site Assessments
- Upwell PC - Boundary Map
- BCKLWN SEA Screening Report