Have your say on our plans for the regeneration of the Hunstanton seafront
About the masterplan
Since June 2018 Hemingway design have been appointed to develop a masterplan vision and a viable Development Delivery Plan for Hunstanton Southern Seafront and promenade. The plan relates to the aspirations set out in the Hunstanton Prosperity Coastal Community Team document Hunstanton Prospectus (2017).
The project aims to assess the feasibility (development potential and viability) of mixed use redevelopment options for:
- vacant, underutilised sites
- properties identified for redevelopment within the southern seafront areas
It will assess the feasibility and options for:
- enhancing the public realm and use of the promenade over and above its role as a sea defence
- the development of a marine lake to retain water and provide an extended offer
This project will align itself with the objectives of the One Public Estate initiative for Hunstanton.
It will review existing known site information and constraints to develop concept layout and design for the area. It will consider:
- infrastructure requirements
- building design
- public realm improvements
As part of the project we'll:
- prepare a viability appraisal and preliminary cost information for the delivery plan
- prepare a project delivery plan incorporating land assembly, programme, cost and funding strategy for the site
Concept one includes the following:
- 9 x 3/4 bedroom family townhouses
- 4 x 90sqm 3 bedroom maisonettes
- 79 x 70sqm two bedroom apartments
- 350sqm LeStrange Terrace
- 700sqm sea-front
- 1600sqm multi-use leisure centre to replace existing Oasis on existing site
Beach front lodgings
- 14 x 35sqm short stay beach lodges
- 6 x 3/4 bedroom family townhouses
- 54 x 70sqm two bedroom apartments
- 37 x 50sqm one bedroom apartments
- 450sqm sea-front
- 1600sqm multi-use leisure centre to replace existing Oasis in new location
- 60-80 bed seafront hotel
Have your say
You can have your say on our proposals. Our consultation is open until 17 November.
Completed forms can be handed into Hunstanton Town Hall until 17 November.
Any developments will be phased to ensure impact and mitigations are carefully considered, with particular focus on any parking loss and change of land use. Please see our phasing document.